Algenuity (a Division of Spicer Consulting Ltd) is the UK’s leading algal biotechnology company. We develop breakthrough technologies for the rapidly expanding algal biomass and bioproducts industry. Our vision is to build our business into a leading global technology company and our mantra is simple – “ Making Algae Work
We are currently seeking an exceptional talent to join our leadership team as the business enters an exciting period of growth. You will work closely with the CEO and Commercial Development Group to help steer the Company through this pivotal phase. You will ensure that the Company’s technical resources and capabilities are matched to deliver against its corporate goals and vision.
You will lead the current internal and external R&D activities, and you will be responsible for recruiting and training new staff. The successful candidate will combine technical excellence with strategic insight to ensure Algenuity retains and builds upon its competitive advantage. Innovation is at the heart of this appointment, and you will liaise closely with key academics and industry leaders to map the technology landscape, understand sector challenges and develop commercially attractive solutions.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A PhD in life sciences with a minimum 5 years post-doctoral experience
- A minimum 3 years relevant industry experience including successful writing of grants and/or collaborative R&D proposals and a proven track record of management of projects to successful outcomes;
- A background in biochemistry/biotechnology/molecular biology/synthetic biology;
- A demonstrated innovator with ability to synthesise and develop complex ideas for problem-solving and technology development – combining technical excellence with strategic insight;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with significant leadership experience – and a proven ability to lead and inspire cross-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent organisational, communication, problem solving and presentation skills;
- Charismatic and compelling in front of a variety of audiences - ability to represent the company at technical meetings and other external events;
- Fluent in English – spoken and written;
- Available to start April 2018;
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
This is a full-time position, working at our dedicated site in Bedfordshire, within the United Kingdom’s Golden Triangle for Biotech. Our site benefits from easy access to Central London, Cambridge, and London Luton airport.
We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous company pension contribution, with the opportunity for performance-related bonus along with discretionary profit-sharing. Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 January 2018.
NOTE – you will not be considered for this position unless you are eligible to work in the UK.