Applications are invited for an 8 month maternity cover for an algal research scientist. Algenuity is an algal biotech company in central Bedfordshire (United Kingdom). You will be employed as a research scientist in a laboratory that performs cutting edge molecular research for both customers and internal use.
As our company is expanding there would be opportunities to continue in a new role after the eight month period has expired.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
· A PhD in in the plant, algae, fungal or bacterial field
· Able to start January 2016
· Be able to coordinate with technicians and other members of the scientific team
· Background in genomics/genetics/molecular biology
· Willing to learn a wide variety of techniques
· Fluent in English
· Biotechnological experience in Nannochloropsis, Chlamydomonas or Phaeodactylum
· Genetic transformation techniques for hard to transform or non-model organisms
· Experience in metabolic engineering
· Knowledgeable in sterol and/or terpenoid biosynthesis pathways
· Track record of publication
Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 15 October 2015. NOTE – you will not be considered for this position unless you are eligible to work in the UK.